Blood pressure monitoring
Ambulatory blood pressure measurement is being used increasingly in clinical practice. It is recognised that certain patients will benefit from detailed blood pressure evaluation using ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
Indications for Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
The following are possible indications for ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
- Confirmation of hypertension
- Unusual fluctuation of blood pressure
- Possible white coat hypertension
- Evaluating blood pressure at night
- Resistance to drug treatment
- Evaluating 24 hour blood pressure control
- Symptoms suggestive of hypotension; dizziness, light headedness, tiredness, easy fatigability, multiple drug side effects
- High blood pressure in pregnancy